Safe Equipment Protects Forklift Operators
Workers who handle and store materials use forklift trucks, platform lift trucks, motorized hand trucks, and other specialized trucks powered by electric motors or internal combustion engines. Employers must make these employers aware of the safety requirements pertaining to maintenance aligns with the forklift’s use.
Defined Forklift Maintenance
- Properly maintained equipment, including tires and batteries
- Lubricate chassis-mast attachment
- Change engine air filter; Clean all breathers
- Change engine oil and filter; Check all fluid levels
- Clean and coat battery terminals
- Batteries require special care from qualified personnel
- Remove defective forklifts from service
Appropriate maintenance of forklifts is more effective and reliable when handled by a forklift maintenance firm that is certified to inspect all of your forklifts on a preventative maintenance program. Doing so gives you the peace of mind and guarantees that your forklifts are compliant with OSHA, CalOSHA, ANSI, ITSDF, DOT and all other industry and manufacturer standards.
Lift Auditors’ forklift audits proactively reduce potential problems by identifying faulty, worn, or improperly installed or maintained parts and subsystems in your machinery. Our on-site equipment reports ensure that your equipment is safe, productivity continues at a normal pace and your Cal/OSHA liabilities go away.
Our audits also help prevent big fines and eliminate costly down time. This detailed equipment scrutiny ensures that your in-house or contracted maintenance providers do their job and keep your equipment regulatory-compliant and industry-standard ready.
- Reduced Insurance Premiums
- Mitigate Material Damage Losses
- Fewer Accidents
- Lower Workers Comp Costs
- Quantifiable Maintenance Costs
- Cost-saving Results When Our Recommendations are Implemented
Out-of-compliance maintenance status renders equipment unsafe for operation even when owners are unaware of the condition of their equipment. This leaves the company at risk for accidents, regulatory fines, or other penalties. Lift Auditors preventive maintenance and audit results defines a proactive, best-practice maintenance management approach that costs less while ensuring higher equipment reliability, uptime, and more operating profit for you.